Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_9_] Steve[_9_] is offline

Default Best fonts for offline reading?

I do a lot of 3-column printing. Which fonts are generally considered
the most readable in this format? Thanks!

--

Acquaintance: A person we know well enough to borrow from,
but not well enough to lend to.

....Ambrose Bierce
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pranav Vaidya[_2_] Pranav Vaidya[_2_] is offline

Hi Steve,

I think the best font will be more than one.

Time New Roman size 10
Arial size 9 or 10
Arial Narrow size 9 or 10

Apart from this make sure that whichever font you use is a True Type font.
Hope this helps!!
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"Steve" wrote:

I do a lot of 3-column printing. Which fonts are generally considered
the most readable in this format? Thanks!

--

Acquaintance: A person we know well enough to borrow from,
but not well enough to lend to.

....Ambrose Bierce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Steve

That's a controversial question!

Personally, I find sans-serif fonts (such as Arial) easier to read but
others will argue that a serifed font such as Times New Roman is easier -
TNR too fussy on the eye for me. But just as important as font type and font
size is the line spacing you choose because with three columns you will need
to use a fairly small font (I suggest Arial 9 pt) so the eye needs a good
row of white space between lines to be able to follow the text easily. So
try Arial 9 pt with the Line Spacing set to At Least 13 pt. Also, if you use
Full Justification, made sure to go into Word Compatibility and set the
option to 'Do full Justification like WordPerfect 6.x'.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP