Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

Default Column wrapping

I am using WORD 2007. I have a situation where a two column page in a
magazine is giving me a problem. As I type, the columns are of equal length
instead of one column going to the bottom before going to the next column.
I've had this happen before and fixed it I cannot remember how. Probably
something simple.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's still there.

Click the Office button, then Word Options at the bottom of the popup.
Click the Advanced tab, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click
the Layout Options button. You'll find the same option in the list.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 19:03:53 -0400, "Ed Mullikin"
wrote:

Yeah,but what do I do with version 2007?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In earlier versions of Word, this was a Compatibility Option ("Don't
balance
columns for Continuous section starts").

so
all may benefit.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I am using WORD 2007. I have a situation where a two column page in a
magazine is giving me a problem. As I type, the columns are of equal

length
instead of one column going to the bottom before going to the next
column.
I've had this happen before and fixed it I cannot remember how. Probably
something simple.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

Thanks! 2007 is like having your mother-in-law enlarge and rearrange your
shop/garage while you are out of town. Everything, and more, is still there
but you have to look for it.

wrote:

Yeah,but what do I do with version 2007?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In earlier versions of Word, this was a Compatibility Option ("Don't
balance
columns for Continuous section starts").

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I am using WORD 2007. I have a situation where a two column page in a
magazine is giving me a problem. As I type, the columns are of equal
length
instead of one column going to the bottom before going to the next
column.
I've had this happen before and fixed it I cannot remember how.
Probably
something simple.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The analogy I've been mentally using is moving into a new house. You still
have everything you had before (and possibly some new stuff), but you don't
always know where the movers put it. Or it's still in boxes you haven't
unpacked, so you haven't found it yet. Your analogy is similar and perhaps
better.

The point of mine, though, is that, whether you moved because the new house
was viewed as an upgrade (larger house, better neighborhood) or were
transferred for business reasons, eventually you will get used to the new
house and learn where everything is and be comfortable with it.