Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
A.C. Douglas A.C. Douglas is offline

Default Converting From Trial Version To Permanent Version

Hello.

Just downloaded the trial version of Office 2007 Home & Student (Word is the
only part of the package I'll be using), and love it. I'll be buying the
actual product within a couple days. Should I delete the trial version
before installing the actual product, or will the installation take care of
that for me? Also, if I do delete the trial version, will any changes I've
made, say, to autotext orautocorrect, or whatever, be preserved for use by
the actual product, or will I have to recreate that stuff?

TIA.

ACD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ankit Ankit is offline

I have understood your question clearly.

I suggest you two ways:

1) You can buy the actual product & the installation of that will
automatically overwrite your trial version to make it a full one. Your
settings will be preserved in this case.

2) Your trial version must be showing some options to BUY THE PRODUCT (to
make it a full version). If you are interested to buy the product from the
Microsoft website by paying online, you can go for that option. It will help
you for everything and automatically preserve your settings.

Note: If you delete your existing trial installation, all your settings will
get erased and you will need to save them again.

Also, if your trial version uninstaller shows you an option to save the
settings, and remove the program... then you can go for that option.

--
Ankit
http://www.swiftspaces.com/

Hope my reply is understood by you! Your +++ rating is a credit to my help,
and will enhance my efforts. So, please RATE me well !

"A.C. Douglas" wrote:

Hello.

Just downloaded the trial version of Office 2007 Home & Student (Word is the
only part of the package I'll be using), and love it. I'll be buying the
actual product within a couple days. Should I delete the trial version
before installing the actual product, or will the installation take care of
that for me? Also, if I do delete the trial version, will any changes I've
made, say, to autotext orautocorrect, or whatever, be preserved for use by
the actual product, or will I have to recreate that stuff?

TIA.

ACD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
A.C. Douglas[_2_] A.C. Douglas[_2_] is offline

For the benefit of others, I found the correct answer to my original question
(the answer immediately below is NOT correct) on the MS Office website. Link
is:

http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx

ACD
----------Original Post----------