Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ross Edwin Harrison Ross Edwin Harrison is offline

Default eliminate chevrons and get commands as buttons visible on toolbar

Hi
In general I'm having difficulty managing my toolbars. Somehow they got
lost and I restored them for the most part. However the icon for the home
page disappeared though I did find it under the chevrons. How can I get rid
of the chevrons and put those commands as buttons I can see at the top of the
page. If space is a problem how do get rid of buttons I'm not using. Thank
you
Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your toolbars are longer than the window you're using can
accommodate, then the buttons you haven't used in a while are the ones
that fall off the right end. If you use one, it reappears in its
assigned place on the toolbar and another one falls off.

You can delete buttons you don't use though Tools Customize, but the
ones you don't use should already have fallen off the right end into
the "extras" area.

(If you're talking about Word2007 then you only have one toolbar, the
QAT, and the buttons don't do the frequency-of-use thing. The best you
can do is rearrange the buttons so the ones you use more are toward
the left end -- right-click on tbe QAT and choose "Customize.")