Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
max3002

Default Convert Mailing Labels to Word and Excel

I am attempting to convert a old Word Perfect6 mailing label list into an
Excel or Access 2003 database. After opening my WP file into Word 2003 I am
unable to convert this data into Excel or Access. I have attempted to follow
Beth Menton and Dave Radio MVP article "How to Convert Address to Mail Merge
Data Source" without success. Thank you in advance for any suggestions on
converting a Word doc file in mailing list layout into an Excel or Access
2003 database.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Have you tried:

"Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"max3002" wrote in message
I am attempting to convert a old Word Perfect6 mailing label list into an
Excel or Access 2003 database. After opening my WP file into Word 2003 I
am
unable to convert this data into Excel or Access. I have attempted to
follow
Beth Menton and Dave Radio MVP article "How to Convert Address to Mail
Merge
Data Source" without success. Thank you in advance for any suggestions on
converting a Word doc file in mailing list layout into an Excel or Access
2003 database.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
max3002

Thank you for the quick reply....YES I have tried Graham Mayor's site, and I
do understand most of the instructions...however one problem that occurs is
when I go to click the Text to Table feature the button is not available. My
other question..was the entire process seems so fustrating and long and
thought maybe there was a simpler method of exporting or merging mailing
label formated Word document into Excel or Access 2003

"max3002" wrote in message
I am attempting to convert a old Word Perfect6 mailing label list into an
Excel or Access 2003 database. After opening my WP file into Word 2003 I
am
unable to convert this data into Excel or Access. I have attempted to
follow
Beth Menton and Dave Radio MVP article "How to Convert Address to Mail
Merge
Data Source" without success. Thank you in advance for any suggestions on
converting a Word doc file in mailing list layout into an Excel or Access
2003 database.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have text selected when you try to use it? Perhaps you'll find the
instructions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...ToDatafile.htm easier to
follow.