Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Default Drawing Tutorial for Word?

Can anyone recommend a tutorial for using the Draw tools in Word--internet
or books?

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy

I have a bit of info here, Wayne:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/d...oft_office.htm
Perhaps I should make an "extreme tutorial" for Drawing Tools? Not a bad
idea.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"W. Watson" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone recommend a tutorial for using the Draw tools in Word--internet
or books?

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Anne Troy wrote:

I have a bit of info here, Wayne:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/d...oft_office.htm
Perhaps I should make an "extreme tutorial" for Drawing Tools? Not a bad
idea.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"W. Watson" wrote in message
nk.net...

Can anyone recommend a tutorial for using the Draw tools in Word--internet
or books?

Maybe I missed something, but one page is pretty thin. I would think someone
would have produced a fairly through examination of how order, grouping,
sizing, measurement, grids, rulers (if there are any) and the like work. I
have no book to go on, so I just figure it out on the fly. So far so good,
but there must be some organized primer on how this works. It would be
interesting to see some advanced example of what some people have done. I
suspect there are features I've missed. For example, someone mentioned use
of the ctrl (shift?) with the arc that will produce an arc from a circle
rather than some other way.

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy

See if this helps you, Wayne:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...t_ office.htm
If not, try to be more specific about the kinds of things you're looking
for. (It may still need some organizing of the topics, though!)
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"W. Watson" wrote in message
news
Anne Troy wrote:

I have a bit of info here, Wayne:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/d...oft_office.htm
Perhaps I should make an "extreme tutorial" for Drawing Tools? Not a bad
idea.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"W. Watson" wrote in message
nk.net...

Can anyone recommend a tutorial for using the Draw tools in
Word--internet or books?

Maybe I missed something, but one page is pretty thin. I would think
someone would have produced a fairly through examination of how order,
grouping, sizing, measurement, grids, rulers (if there are any) and the
like work. I have no book to go on, so I just figure it out on the fly. So
far so good, but there must be some organized primer on how this works. It
would be interesting to see some advanced example of what some people have
done. I suspect there are features I've missed. For example, someone
mentioned use of the ctrl (shift?) with the arc that will produce an arc
from a circle rather than some other way.

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Galen

In ,
Anne Troy had this to say:

See if this helps you, Wayne:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...t_ office.htm
If not, try to be more specific about the kinds of things you're
looking for. (It may still need some organizing of the topics,
though!) ************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"W. Watson" wrote in message
news
Anne Troy wrote:

I have a bit of info here, Wayne:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/d...oft_office.htm
Perhaps I should make an "extreme tutorial" for Drawing Tools? Not
a bad idea.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"W. Watson" wrote in message
nk.net...

Can anyone recommend a tutorial for using the Draw tools in
Word--internet or books?

Maybe I missed something, but one page is pretty thin. I would think
someone would have produced a fairly through examination of how
order, grouping, sizing, measurement, grids, rulers (if there are
any) and the like work. I have no book to go on, so I just figure it
out on the fly. So far so good, but there must be some organized
primer on how this works. It would be interesting to see some
advanced example of what some people have done. I suspect there are
features I've missed. For example, someone mentioned use of the ctrl
(shift?) with the arc that will produce an arc from a circle rather
than some other way. Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada
City, CA)
"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Just some "in addition" stuff...

For Word in Office 2003:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\WDMAIN11.CHM

Online:

The CHM isn't that good really but has some info? The site's not that much
better from what I've been looking at. For drawing, well, why are you using
Word? Have you checked into Expression (beta) from Microsoft yet?

You can see what the artists have been doing with it (I had extra bandwidth,
space, and no artistic talent of my own):

http://kgiii.info/gallery/

More info:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...r/default.mspx

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"We approached the case, you remember, with an absolutely blank mind,
which is always an advantage. We had formed no theories. We were simply
there to observe and to draw inferences from our observations." -
Sherlock Holmes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Galen wrote:

In ,
Anne Troy had this to say:

.... snip

Just some "in addition" stuff...

For Word in Office 2003:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\WDMAIN11.CHM

Online:

The CHM isn't that good really but has some info? The site's not that much
better from what I've been looking at. For drawing, well, why are you using
Word? Have you checked into Expression (beta) from Microsoft yet?

You can see what the artists have been doing with it (I had extra bandwidth,
space, and no artistic talent of my own):

http://kgiii.info/gallery/

More info:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/ex...r/default.mspx

Using Word graphics because I'm writing a book with it, and the book needs
some figures.
Never heard of Expression. I'll check it out. The gallery of graphics at the
URL are impressive, but well beyond what I need. I don't want to be an
artist, just want to express technical ideas in figures.