Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josh W Josh W is offline

Default How to add text not to be printed.

I want to distribute a form to all our employees. I want to include in the
body of the document instructions how to fill out different parts of the
document etc. How can I add these instructions to only be seen visibly on the
screen but not printed with the document. XP Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If it is a protected form use the help text option in the field properties
to put the help text in the status bar and/or available by pressing F1
or
Use an on entry macro to pop up a message box on entry to each field as
appropriate eg

Sub PopUpAdvice()
Dim sMsg As String
Dim sVer As Integer
sMsg = "Refer to status line at bottom of screen for field entry details"
sVer = Application.Version
If sVer 12 Then
Assistant.On = True
Set Balloon = Assistant.NewBalloon
With Balloon
.Text = sMsg
.Button = msoButtonSetOK
.Animation = msoAnimationBeginSpeaking
.Show
End With
Else
MsgBox sMsg
End If
End Sub

Josh W wrote:
I want to distribute a form to all our employees. I want to include
in the body of the document instructions how to fill out different
parts of the document etc. How can I add these instructions to only
be seen visibly on the screen but not printed with the document. XP
Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josh W Josh W is offline

Thanks Graham, for me the best solution is your second option since I need
the employees to be automatically exposed to those instructions without
having to check the status bar which they might easily miss.
I am very bad with macros, can you refer me to any useful site that provides
clear instructions. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Would you believe http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm as posted at