Buck

Default Will auto text work on multiple enteries of a word in Word 2003

If there are multiple enteries of a word in the auto text list like (Best
regards,
Best wishes, Sincerely, Sincerely Yours, or Created by , Created on) auto
text doesn't work, but if I delete one of the multiple enteries from the
list for instance (Sincerely) than (Sincerely Yours,) will pop up. All of
these words are in the list by Default. Is this normal? If not how do I
correct the problem? I'm using Word 2003.

CyberTaz

Hi Buck-

Yes they are all in the list by default, and no that is not (necessarily) a
problem. It's simply that the list is overstuffed in order to be al things to
all people... but that's why it is customizable.

The feature works on an 'as you type' principle;

If you type just Sinc it will suggest Sincerely _first_ because that
is first entry in the list that begins with those letters.

If that isn't what you want, just continue to type and Sincerely Y
will modify the suggestion to Sincerely Yours, accordingly.

Long story short, if the first item suggested isn't what you want, just keep
typing.

If there are items in the list that interfere and you simply have no use for
them, you can go to the AutoText dialog box and delete whatever you want as
well as add any that would be useful.

HTH |:)

"Buck" wrote:

If there are multiple enteries of a word in the auto text list like (Best
regards,
Best wishes, Sincerely, Sincerely Yours, or Created by , Created on) auto
text doesn't work, but if I delete one of the multiple enteries from the
list for instance (Sincerely) than (Sincerely Yours,) will pop up. All of
these words are in the list by Default. Is this normal? If not how do I
correct the problem? I'm using Word 2003.

AutoComplete is not the only way to insert AutoText. You can also type the
name of the entry and press F3 or use Insert | AutoText or the AutoText
toolbar. Yes, there are some overlaps in the default entries. One way around
this would be to insert one of the entries and resave it under a unique
name, then delete the original entry.