Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msmag

Default Gradient background problems

Why is it that when I print my document with a gradient background, it prints
with many horizontal lines instead of the two or three showing on my screen?
I am using MS Office 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Does it do this with *any* printer or one specific one? (I suspect it's not
a Word issue.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"msmag" wrote in message
Why is it that when I print my document with a gradient background, it
prints
with many horizontal lines instead of the two or three showing on my
screen?
I am using MS Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msmag

I have printed on a Konica/Minolta 2430 laser and I have printed on an HP
Laser. It happens on both printers. I chose a pale blue horizontal
gradient, lightest, and on screen it shows the upper half of the page as
white gradieting to the pale blue, which is what I wanted. Print preview,
it is the same. Although when I print, it comes out "striped" with 10
stripes of blue and white alternating. Same result on both printers.