Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jae Jae is offline

Default How do I remove extra character space on first line of label print

Imported a txt file into Excel 2003 with ANSI ENCODING. Edited and created
LIST. I then used Mail Merge in WORD 2003 to create mailing labels through
Avery. The alignment looks perfect until I preview (and print) the labels.
Each first line is indented one space. By viewing Formatting I can see the
"space character"; however, FORMAT and LABEL SELCTION FORMAT are correct.
How do I get rid of the space and prevent from happening on future mailing
projects. Have a big one coming up! Thanks.
--
JAE
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are using the AddressBlock, don't. Just insert the merge fields that
you want to use in the configuration that you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jae" wrote in message
Imported a txt file into Excel 2003 with ANSI ENCODING. Edited and
created
LIST. I then used Mail Merge in WORD 2003 to create mailing labels
through
Avery. The alignment looks perfect until I preview (and print) the
labels.
Each first line is indented one space. By viewing Formatting I can see
the
"space character"; however, FORMAT and LABEL SELCTION FORMAT are correct.
How do I get rid of the space and prevent from happening on future mailing
projects. Have a big one coming up! Thanks.
--
JAE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jae Jae is offline

Default How do I remove extra character space on first line of label p

Great. Just started using Mail Merge after several years (and older
software), how do I
insert the merge fields rather than the AddressBlock using the Wizard? You
guys are great!!!!
JAE

"Jae" wrote in message
Imported a txt file into Excel 2003 with ANSI ENCODING. Edited and
created
LIST. I then used Mail Merge in WORD 2003 to create mailing labels
through
Avery. The alignment looks perfect until I preview (and print) the
labels.
Each first line is indented one space. By viewing Formatting I can see
the
"space character"; however, FORMAT and LABEL SELCTION FORMAT are correct.
How do I get rid of the space and prevent from happening on future mailing
projects. Have a big one coming up! Thanks.
--
JAE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Rather than use the Wizard, from the View menu, select Toolbars and check
the Mail Merge item. That will cause the Mail Merge toolbar to be
displayed and you can perform the whole operation with the buttons on that
form.

Alternatively See the "Getting back older interfaces" item under the Mail
Merge in Word XP/2002 Section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at :

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--

"Jae" wrote in message
Imported a txt file into Excel 2003 with ANSI ENCODING. Edited and
created
LIST. I then used Mail Merge in WORD 2003 to create mailing labels
through
Avery. The alignment looks perfect until I preview (and print) the
labels.
Each first line is indented one space. By viewing Formatting I can see
the
"space character"; however, FORMAT and LABEL SELCTION FORMAT are
correct.
How do I get rid of the space and prevent from happening on future
mailing
projects. Have a big one coming up! Thanks.
--
JAE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or see http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm which
covers the same ground pictorially.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you are using the AddressBlock, don't. Just insert the merge
fields that
you want to use in the configuration that you want them.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jae" wrote in message
Imported a txt file into Excel 2003 with ANSI ENCODING. Edited
and created
LIST. I then used Mail Merge in WORD 2003 to create mailing labels
through
Avery. The alignment looks perfect until I preview (and print) the
labels.
Each first line is indented one space. By viewing Formatting I
can see the
"space character"; however, FORMAT and LABEL SELCTION FORMAT are
correct.
How do I get rid of the space and prevent from happening on future
mailing
projects. Have a big one coming up! Thanks.
--
JAE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jae Jae is offline

Thanks everyone. I was able to succeed by using the toolbar rather than the
wizard. Don't understand why they work differently. Will retain both sights
for future reference. Thank you both for your quick responses!!!!
--
JAE