Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Opening to a specific folder Opening to a specific folder is offline

Default Wood 2007 Normal Template Lost in Styles

For some reason in the Home pull down menu in Word 2007 I lost the 'Normal'
template in Styles. How do I recover it? I still see the No Spacing,
Heading 1, Heading 2, Title, Subtitle and Subtitle Emphasis.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the Styles pane (or click the launcher in
the southeast corner of the Styles section in the Home ribbon tab).
Right-click on Normal in the list of styles, and choose Add to Quick Style
Gallery.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

m wrote in message
For some reason in the Home pull down menu in Word 2007 I lost the
'Normal'
template in Styles. How do I recover it? I still see the No Spacing,
Heading 1, Heading 2, Title, Subtitle and Subtitle Emphasis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lee Lee is offline

I do not have Heading 2 in my Style Gallery, What should I do? I tried the
repair in control panel but it did not work

"Opening to a specific folder" wrote:

For some reason in the Home pull down menu in Word 2007 I lost the 'Normal'
template in Styles. How do I recover it? I still see the No Spacing,
Heading 1, Heading 2, Title, Subtitle and Subtitle Emphasis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It will likely show up once it's been used. Seems like a bit of a Catch-22,
eh?

To apply a style that's not in the gallery, press Ctrl+Shift+S and apply it
using the Apply Styles pane (if need be, just type the name of the style).
That usually makes it show up in the gallery. If not, then click Modify (in
the Apply Styles pane), and tick the Add to Quick Style list option.

Or, to force not-yet-used styles to show up in the gallery, press
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (or click the Styles launcher in the southeast corner of
the Styles section in the Home ribbon tab) to display the Styles pane, and
right click the Style and choose Add to Quick Style Gallery.

If the style isn't showing in the list, then click the Manage Styles button
at the bottom of the Styles pane. In the Recommend tab, you can set which
styles are displayed by default.