Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ldyflyr Ldyflyr is offline

Default Spell Check

When I run spell check on my document it will sometimes tell me it cannot
find a word - when I check the dictionary it has switched to French of
German. Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Turn off Automatically Detect Language.
Make sure all of your language is formatted as the correct style of English.

The following is about Word for the Mac but much of it applies:
http://word.mvps.org/macwordnew/spell-checkcontent.htm

See also:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm
--