Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ice

Default Correcting Spelling and Grammar

Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking option? If so
where can I find it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no feature that automatically "corrects" grammatical errors (and
you wouldn't want this), but "Check grammar as you type" or "Check grammar
with spelling" will mark or find what Word considers to be grammatical
errors. Is this what you're referring to? If not, can you elaborate on what
it is you want?

"ice" wrote in message
Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking option? If

so
where can I find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ice

Thanks so much for your reply. Actually I was looking for some kind of
proofreading or editing option. You see I have to sometimes proofread/edit
papers and it takes up so much of my time! I was hoping if Word had some kind
of option besides the spell checker to help me with this. I've noticed that
this option can't find all the grammatical irregularities. If Word does't
have this kind of option is there some kind of software or program that you
can recommend?

"ice" wrote in message
Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking option? If

so
where can I find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Tools options spelling and grammar. It is not automatic thankfully.

ice wrote:
Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking
option? If so where can I find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, this is a human function, thank goodness, since that's what I do for a
living (so to speak).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no feature that automatically "corrects" grammatical errors

(and
you wouldn't want this), but "Check grammar as you type" or "Check

grammar
with spelling" will mark or find what Word considers to be grammatical
errors. Is this what you're referring to? If not, can you elaborate on

what
it is you want?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ice" wrote in message
Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking option?

If
so
where can I find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Some things just cannot be done by machines. I wish housecleaning wasn't in
that category. :-(

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ice" wrote in message
Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking
option?

If
so
where can I find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Agreed. Even a maid couldn't work around our clutter, much less a Roomba.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Some things just cannot be done by machines. I wish housecleaning wasn't

in
that category. :-(

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
No, this is a human function, thank goodness, since that's what I do for

living (so to speak).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"ice" wrote in message
Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking
option?

If
so
where can I find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Jack is offline

Given enough time and money a computer system can be programmed and/or
assembled to do anything(almost).

Seriously though there are Proofreading programms that could to help ice.

just search the net for them... PLEASE next time research before you reply...

Jack

"ice" wrote in message
Does word have any kind of option where it corrects ALL grammar
irregularities and spelling besides the average spell checking
option?
If
so
where can I find it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Jack is offline

Cotrary to the other replies just search for Proofreading Software on MSN or
Google.
They may not be exhaustive but the little I read seem to say the are more of
what your looking for that what WORD offers.
Jack