Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angel_1 Angel_1 is offline

Default Dictionary

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to install the U.K. dictionary for Office 2003. I
have numerous thesauras's but not dictionary. I have reinstalled office but
not joy. Does office actually come with a standard dictionary?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Angel,

If you have an online connection you can attach and invoke the Microsoft Encarta U.K. Dictionary & Thesaurus as 'research pane'
resources within Word.

From Word 2003 select Tools=Research.
When the Research pane opens use the 'Research Options'
choice at the bottom of the pane. If the U.K. Thesaurus
is listed mark it. If not use the 'Add Services' at
the bottom of the 'Research Options' dialog

============
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system info,
online Test Drive, or downloadable beta is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net