Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StumpedOnWordandExcel StumpedOnWordandExcel is offline

Default Word and Excel Won't Open

I have used the 2007 Office Suite for about 2 years. Suddenly without making
changes to the program settings, Word and Excel won't open. I get the
following messages:

Word: There is not enough memory or disk space to run Word.

Excel: Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office Excel. Please close other
applications and try again.

None of the suggestions I get from the operating software helps to resolve
the problems. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JLatham JLatham is offline

Interesting that Word says memory OR diskspace, while Excel only cries about
memory.

The folks here may want more info on just what is available, so without
Excel or Word being open (unlikely since you can't open them), first use the
Task Manager to look at the Physical Memory status:
Press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] and open the Windows Task Manager, go to the
[Performance] tab and report what's reported as Total and Available in the
"Physical Memory (K)" area. You can close Task Manager.

Then go to 'My Computer' or 'Computer' and let them know what your local
drive 'Free Space' numbers are, the most critical will probably be for the C:
drive.

This information will give the regulars here a little more to work with.