Ricki Miles

Default remove default File, New template tabs

I am working in Word 2002 on a network. I have created a workgroup template
folder on the network with subfolders that show up as tabs in File, New, but
I would like to remove the default tabs in the dialog box (Memos, Letters
and Faxes, etc.) as well as the default Word templates. Is there a way to
do this? I can't seem to find a listing of these tabs anywhere. Thanks,

Ricki Miles

Greg

Ricki,

You will need to copy and save any template that you may want to use in
those folders and then use Control PanelAdd Remove Programs. Click on
your office application and then click change. You will need to
uninstall the template files.

Charles Kenyon

You need to uninstall the templates that you don't want. You can not just
delete them (even if you can find them) because Word will "repair" your
installation and bring them back.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Ricki Miles" wrote in message
I am working in Word 2002 on a network. I have created a workgroup
template
folder on the network with subfolders that show up as tabs in File, New,
but
I would like to remove the default tabs in the dialog box (Memos, Letters
and Faxes, etc.) as well as the default Word templates. Is there a way to
do this? I can't seem to find a listing of these tabs anywhere. Thanks,

Ricki Miles

Ricki Miles

Thank you both for this information,

Ricki