cm

Default copy text file to cd

We are unable to save or copy a created MSWord file to a CD. File easily
"saves as" to diskette drive-A but takes 3 diskettes to save, therefore want
to save on one CD-RW. When select CD drive-D get one of two message boxes:
incorrect function OR don't have access to drive contact your
administrator. This is a home computer and I am the administrator. One
MicroSoft help site said we needed to perform a disk defragmenter task to
correct problem. You have to be the administrator to do this and we were
successful in completing the task but it did not correct the problem. Does
anyone know step-by-step how to "save as" or copy large Word file to a CD?
File is a newsbulletin and contains some pictures, is this why we are having
the problem saving to CD-RW but not to a diskette? MSWord is part of factory
installed XP Windows on our computer.
thank you,

Charles Kenyon

Don't use SaveAs from within Word to save to a floppy or to a CD!

If you want to be able to use your documents, when working with in Word, act
as if your floppy drive does not exist. (This applies to CDRW/CDR drives as
well.)
Don't use Word to:
Open a document on a floppy
Print a document on a floppy
Edit a document on a floppy
Save a document to a floppy (not even a copy)

Word regularly trashes documents on floppy drives!

Instead, work on the document using your hard drive. Copy it back and forth
using Windows.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.