Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
loopy loopy is offline

Default Typing is erasing my original text why?

Plese help me i was happily editing my assignment on word. Then suddenly my
corrections caused words and letters to be deleted. iam typing over whats
already there rather than adding words. What have i done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press the Insert key on your keyboard once to switch between Overtype
mode (what you are in now) and Insert mode.

loopy wrote:

Plese help me i was happily editing my assignment on word. Then suddenly my
corrections caused words and letters to be deleted. iam typing over whats
already there rather than adding words. What have i done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You've accidentally gotten into Overtype editing mode. If your version of
Word is something prior to 2007, look at the Status Bar & you'll see the
letters OVR in black. Double-click in that little box to return to Insert
mode. You can also press the Insert key to toggle OVR on/off (which is how
you probably triggered it in the first place:-))