Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TD-Template TD-Template is offline

Default Word 2003 - can not get new font to stay in normal

We use Arial Regular 10 pt for all our documents. I go and set the font size,
select Default and say yes to allow it to make the change permenant to
normal.dot, but once I log off and log back onto my computer the font reverts
back to Times New Roman 12 pt. Is it possible for the network admins to set
it so normal can not be changed? If not, what could be the issue?
--
Thanks,
Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are several possibilities when you are on a network. One is that a
fresh Normal.dot is installed at startup through a script created by the
network admins. Another is that Normal.dot (for whatever reason) is not
being saved. You won't be able to do much about the former (except complain,
or create your own document templates), but for the latter try explicitly
saving Normal.dot during a Word session. To do this, press Shift while
clicking File, which causes the File menu to display Save All. Click on
this. If you have unsaved (new) documents open that you don't want to save,
you can just cancel without naming them. If this solves your problem, fine;
if not, you can ask for an explanation from the network admin.

You may also want to pursue an explanation of *why* Normal.dot is not being
saved. One common cause is poorly written add-ins, in particular the add-in
for Adobe Acrobat 7; if you have that installed, see the last portion of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm