Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LillyBet LillyBet is offline

Default How do I get facing pages to have the same page numbers?

I need to write a manual which will have facing pages with the same page
numbers. The instructions to the trainer need to be on the left and the
materials for the students need to be on the right. This setup is typically
done by having the printer put the book together in this arrangement. I
would like to be able to set this up in the book.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Insert a hard page break (Ctrl+Enter) at the beginning of your
document so the first (right-hand) page is blank. In the header or
footer, I assume you already have a {Page} field to display the
number. Type to the left and right of that field to make this:

= int( {Page} / 2)

Select the whole expression and then press Ctrl+F9, which makes it
into a field. Press F9 to update it. The first left-hand page and its
facing right-hand page will both display the number 1, although the
status bar at the bottom of the Word window will tell you that they're
really pages 2 and 3.

Note that if you want to print only part of the document, you'll need
to enter the "real" page numbers, as shown in the status bar, in the
Print dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman