Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AvStu AvStu is offline

Default can i create an A3 doc on a computer with an A4 printer

im trying to make a text document which will be A3, but because my printers
max size is A4 I was make it at home then print it else where. however word
wont let me set up the page size in A3. Any ideas please? my uni will cook me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

When you say "won't let you", what exactly do you mean?

I don't have an A3 printer but I can set up an A3 paper size. It does prompt
that my margins are wrong but clicking on Ignore is all that is required.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"AvStu" wrote in message
im trying to make a text document which will be A3, but because my
printers
max size is A4 I was make it at home then print it else where. however
word
wont let me set up the page size in A3. Any ideas please? my uni will cook
me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Ah, yes! Now I understand what the questioner means.

AvStu - if you don't have A3 as an option, choose Custom and set Width to
29.7cm and height to 42cm and when prompted that the margins are too small,
just press Ignore.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are you setting up A3 as a custom size? I don't have the A3 choice with
the
driver for a printer that doesn't print A3.

so
all may benefit.

"AvStu" wrote in message
im trying to make a text document which will be A3, but because my
printers
max size is A4 I was make it at home then print it else where. however
word
wont let me set up the page size in A3. Any ideas please? my uni will

cook
me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AvStu AvStu is offline

Thankyou!!! im gonna try that now. I was not clicking ignore and was just
getting to the stage of slinging computer out of a window!Cheers for solving
that one. Thanks to all who commented