Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allison Allison is offline

Default Why won't my equations print?

I have inserted equations into my Word doc. Everything shows up on the print
preview, but when I print the document, the equations are missing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do they actually display in Print Preview or just in Print Layout view?

http://word.mvps.org

"Allison" wrote in message
I have inserted equations into my Word doc. Everything shows up on the
print
preview, but when I print the document, the equations are missing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bilge TUTAK Bilge TUTAK is offline

I have the same problem. They look fine when I look at the print preview. But
if I do actual printing or convert the word document to PDF file, some of the
equations are missing. Instead it generally prints a dash/hyphen.

Thanks,

B.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

If I'm not mistaken, the equations are 'transformed' to pictures for the
actual printing. Could it be you are printing in draft mode where pictures
are ignored? (Office button - Word options - Advanced - Use draft quality
(under printing))

Yves

"Allison" wrote in message
I have inserted equations into my Word doc. Everything shows up on the
print
preview, but when I print the document, the equations are missing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] paul.turnertk@gmail.com is offline

"Allison" wrote in message
I have inserted equations into my Word doc. Everything shows up on the
print
preview, but when I print the document, the equations are missing.

It may need Complex Script support files. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run

Type intl.cpl, and then click OK.

Click the Languages tab.

Under Supplemental language support, click to select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) check box.
When you receive the following message, click OK to close the message:

You chose to install the Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Indic, Thai and Vietnamese language files. This will require 10 MB or more of available disk space. The files will be installed after you click OK or Apply on the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

Click OK to close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:03:55 AM UTC-4, wrote:

It may need Complex Script support files. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run

Type intl.cpl, and then click OK.

Click the Languages tab.

Under Supplemental language support, click to select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) check box.

When you receive the following message, click OK to close the message:

You chose to install the Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Indic, Thai and Vietnamese language files. This will require 10 MB or more of available disk space. The files will be installed after you click OK or Apply on the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

Click OK to close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

I'm sure they're grateful for this advice more than 4 years after the question was asked -- but what version of Windows is this??? Support for non-basic scripts has been far easier than that to access at least since Windows XP.

(If these are instructions for Win 8, then Win 8 is far worse than anyone has yet suggested.)