blw

Default How do I mail merge data from different Excel worksheets into one.

Hello,

I have three seperate Excel files (version XP) and I would like to be able
to use one Word document (version XP) that will mail merge from the three
Excel files. The reason for the three Excel files is because I have so many
variable names that it does not fit into one file. Is there a macro that I
may be able to ue that will allow me to do this? Thank you.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Ymx3?=,

I have three seperate Excel files (version XP) and I would like to be able
to use one Word document (version XP) that will mail merge from the three
Excel files. The reason for the three Excel files is because I have so many
variable names that it does not fit into one file. Is there a macro that I
may be able to ue that will allow me to do this?

Mail merge cannot work with multiple sheets. If by "variable names" you mean
field names (columns), then your only chance would be a delimited text file, as
far as mail merge is concerned.

Other than mail merge, there would be the possibility of using VBA to automate
Word and insert all the information, one document at a time. To get a start on
this, you should find an article on automating Word from within Excel (and vice
versa) on the word.mvps.org website.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org