Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anthony[_2_] Anthony[_2_] is offline

Default Spell checking protected form

I have a form (protected but no password) that I use to teach Soldiers
the proper format to wirte a military operations order. I would like
to have the capability to check spelling without having to unlock the
form. I have tried the spell check macro found at the site below and
intalled it accordind to instruction at the site below it.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I am running MS Word 2007. Is
there something that needs to be changed in the code to account for
the new Word document formats? Or is there something else that I need
to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I seem to recall (without taking the time to confirm) that the original
macro only worked with legacy form fields, however the following macro
should check the spelling throughout the document

Sub SpellCheckForm()
Dim i As Integer
Dim bProtected As Boolean
'Unprotect the file
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
bProtected = True
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=""
End If

ActiveDocument.Range.Select

'Change language as appropriate
Selection.LanguageID = wdEnglishUK

Selection.Range.CheckSpelling

'Reprotect the document.
If bProtected = True Then
ActiveDocument.Protect _
Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True, Password:=""
End If
End Sub

Anthony wrote:
I have a form (protected but no password) that I use to teach Soldiers
the proper format to wirte a military operations order. I would like
to have the capability to check spelling without having to unlock the
form. I have tried the spell check macro found at the site below and
intalled it accordind to instruction at the site below it.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I am running MS Word 2007. Is
there something that needs to be changed in the code to account for
the new Word document formats? Or is there something else that I need
to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Anthony wrote:
I have a form (protected but no password) that I use to teach Soldiers
the proper format to wirte a military operations order. I would like
to have the capability to check spelling without having to unlock the
form. I have tried the spell check macro found at the site below and
intalled it accordind to instruction at the site below it.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I am running MS Word 2007. Is
there something that needs to be changed in the code to account for
the new Word document formats? Or is there something else that I need
to do?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the prompt reply. I found a macro already that worked but
I will try yours to see which I like better.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Anthony wrote:
I have a form (protected but no password) that I use to teach Soldiers
the proper format to wirte a military operations order. I would like
to have the capability to check spelling without having to unlock the
form. I have tried the spell check macro found at the site below and
intalled it accordind to instruction at the site below it.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I am running MS Word 2007. Is
there something that needs to be changed in the code to account for
the new Word document formats? Or is there something else that I need
to do?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the prompt reply. I found a macro already that worked but
I will try yours to see which I like better.- Hide quoted text -

After reviewing the macro fron your previous posting and comparing it
to the one I found at another site, the macros are exactly the same
except for the name. If you wrote it the first time, "Thanks" and
there is someone else who is passing the macro off as his own. BTW,
is there a way to slightly modify this so that it checks each field
upon exit without looping through every field in the form? Thanks,
for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no rocket science involved in this macro - I suspect that there may
be several similar versions around - but there are plagiarists out there, so
what was the link? Let's see what else has been duplicated?

Anthony wrote:
I have a form (protected but no password) that I use to teach
Soldiers the proper format to wirte a military operations order.
I would like to have the capability to check spelling without
having to unlock the form. I have tried the spell check macro
found at the site below and intalled it accordind to instruction
at the site below it.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I am running MS Word 2007.
Is there something that needs to be changed in the code to account
for the new Word document formats? Or is there something else
that I need to do?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the prompt reply. I found a macro already that worked but
I will try yours to see which I like better.- Hide quoted text -

After reviewing the macro fron your previous posting and comparing it
to the one I found at another site, the macros are exactly the same
except for the name. If you wrote it the first time, "Thanks" and
there is someone else who is passing the macro off as his own. BTW,
is there a way to slightly modify this so that it checks each field
upon exit without looping through every field in the form? Thanks,
for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Anthony wrote:
[...]

for your help.- Hide quoted text -

Here is the link:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=388
Also, is it possible to modify the macro to check each field
individually as it exits instead of looping through the form upon
exiting the final text form field? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Anthony wrote:
Here is the link:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=388
Also, is it possible to modify the macro to check each field
individually as it exits instead of looping through the form upon
exiting the final text form field? Thanks.

Thanks for the link. As for checking each field on exit, it should be
possible but it would need extensively modifying to determine which field
you were leaving and then you would have to unlock, check the spelling and
relock on exit from each field. This I feel is not really a viable option.
If you wish to persist, I suggest you direct the question to the vba forum
where there are enthusiasts who may have the time and inclination to provide
the extra code

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sep 18, 3:23 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Here is the link:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=388
Also, is it possible to modify the macro to check each field
individually as it exits instead of looping through the form upon
exiting the final text form field? Thanks.

Thanks for the link. As for checking each field on exit, it should be
possible but it would need extensively modifying to determine which field
you were leaving and then you would have to unlock, check the spelling and
relock on exit from each field. This I feel is not really a viable option.
If you wish to persist, I suggest you direct the question to the vba forum
where there are enthusiasts who may have the time and inclination to provide
the extra code

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Thanks for the assistance. What you have written will work just fine.