Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default auto emdash after (tm)

I really appreciate Word's capability to auto-insert an emdash between words
when a hyphen is employed. However, I found that this auto-correction
doesn't work after I use (tm). Is this a bug?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I can verify what you are seeing, but I don't know what's causing it.
Hyphens are not autocorrected to an em dash after the TM symbol, no matter
if it was inserted via AutoCorrect or via the Symbol dialog box. Note,
however, that you can insert an em dash by pressing Ctrl + Alt + minus sign
on numeric keypad.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP