Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lauren Nicole[_2_] Lauren Nicole[_2_] is offline

Default stationary table

I use Word 2007, but most who use my forms have Word 2003. I work a lot with
putting forms together and really like to keep the documents protected
because hundreds use these forms. So, is there a way to have the same table
repeat on each page like the header, but not in the header (so it can be
filled in while protected)? The form starts out as a one page form, but
depending on the length of the narrative that is filled in, it can be up to a
20 page form. When the document is first opened, it will only be "page 1 of
1", but will expand as filled in. I would like for the table to appear on
each page as the narrtive expands.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, you can repeat the heading row(s) of a table, by using the Repeat
Header Rows command on the Table Tools Layout tab. Does that help?

Note, however, that Page X of Y doesn't work when you place it in a repeated
heading row; you will have to put it in the page header or footer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lauren Nicole" wrote in message
I use Word 2007, but most who use my forms have Word 2003. I work a lot
with
putting forms together and really like to keep the documents protected
because hundreds use these forms. So, is there a way to have the same
table
repeat on each page like the header, but not in the header (so it can be
filled in while protected)? The form starts out as a one page form, but
depending on the length of the narrative that is filled in, it can be up
to a
20 page form. When the document is first opened, it will only be "page 1
of
1", but will expand as filled in. I would like for the table to appear on
each page as the narrtive expands.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lauren Nicole[_2_] Lauren Nicole[_2_] is offline

Yes and no. I can make one large table so that it would break across and the
top part of the table would be repeated. But what I would really like to do,
is put in a table then section break, then table, so I can leave a long
narrative section unprotected, but protect the tables. I have found it is
much easier to work with large portions of text when they are outside of a
table. I read Word's help on repeating header rows and it says it does not
work with manual page breaks, but it appears it does not work with manual
section breaks, either. It looks like it is either have a repeating header
row or put in breaks so I can leave parts unprotected. They just don't work
together, do they?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Your observation is correct. If you want to protect a part of a document you
will need section breaks and, like manual page breaks, these can't be
inserted inside a table cell without splitting the table.

What kind of data should be in the table by the way? Since repeating it
would be easiest if it was in fact inside the header, you might be able to
use a macro.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lauren Nicole[_2_] Lauren Nicole[_2_] is offline

Thanks, but that won't work either. I've created a macro for another project,
but no one can use it because I can't get a hold of a digital certificate and
I can't allow everyone to lower their macro security settings.

I don't want to put the table in the header because their are form fields in
it and I don't want the users to unprotect the form to fill it in.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I think you will have to ask in a programming newsgroup, such as
microsoft.public.word.vba.general, for further assistance with this.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Outlook Stationary kaync Microsoft Word Help 1 May 17th 07 02:44 PM
Create stationary? cj Page Layout 1 August 29th 06 06:50 PM
stationary Tonya Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 06 08:06 PM
personal stationary? Roy New Users 1 October 4th 05 03:43 PM
custom stationary NikiHoki Microsoft Word Help 1 March 9th 05 04:48 PM