Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Portocar

Default Version command in the FILE menu option

I use Office 2003 Prof version and when I go to the File command in the top
menu I see that the "Version" option is NOT active. I see the word "version"
but when I click on it it does nothing.
Also, where can I find the "Open and repair" option.

I want to open an old word processing file and don't know whether I wrote it
in a Windows 98 version of Word or with the Multimate Word Processing program
(a real old program). Most likely I wrote it with a Windows 98 version of
Word. Now when I try to open it I get a message that it is password protected
- when in fact I never use passwords. When I click on the details link in
this error message it tells me to use the functions "Versions" or "Open and
Repair" in my Word program. But "Versions" is not an active link, and I don't
know where to find "Open and repair".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

"Portocar" wrote in message
[...]

The functions that you are looking for are found on the Help drop down menu.