Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Laytonio

Default Hyperlink jumps to top of page

I have a Word document (protected) form with 21 hyperlinks; out of these 7
are jumping to the top of the page rather than going to their links. If I
turn off protection they work fine. I have a macro allowing double clicks
when form protections is on.

I cannot find anything different about these 7 items that would cause this.
Can you help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

If the hyperlink target is in a protected area of the form, you can't
actually jump to it. Top of the page is the next best thing.

"Laytonio" wrote in message
I have a Word document (protected) form with 21 hyperlinks; out of these 7
are jumping to the top of the page rather than going to their links. If I
turn off protection they work fine. I have a macro allowing double clicks
when form protections is on.

I cannot find anything different about these 7 items that would cause
this.
Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Laytonio

Actually, I just solved it. There has to be a form field after the
hyperlinks or it jumps to the top of the document after the first click. I
inserted a form field and everything worked. Thanks for responding, though.

Laytonio

"Laytonio" wrote in message
I have a Word document (protected) form with 21 hyperlinks; out of these 7
are jumping to the top of the page rather than going to their links. If I
turn off protection they work fine. I have a macro allowing double clicks
when form protections is on.

I cannot find anything different about these 7 items that would cause
this.
Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Sort-of. It may jump to the formfield. It still won't go to your destination
unless the destination is:=
(1) a formfield
(2) in an unprotected portion of the document, or
(3) an external document
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.