Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mrandmrsshrek

Default How to add drop down list in Microsoft Word templet

I have a Microsoft word Template and I do not know how to add more names into
a drop down box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

See the tutorial he
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...osoft_word.htm
Click on Drop-Down form fields to see how.
Alternatively, you may have a control in that document, which is another
story altogether.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"mrandmrsshrek" wrote in message
I have a Microsoft word Template and I do not know how to add more names
into
a drop down box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mrandmrsshrek

okay - I have found the area to add my names in the drop down box but when I
close it out and try to use the form and try to bring up the list of names
they are not there. So now what?

"mrandmrsshrek" wrote:

I have a Microsoft word Template and I do not know how to add more names into
a drop down box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

"mrandmrsshrek" wrote:

I have a Microsoft word Template and I do not know how to add more
names into a drop down box.

Did you protect the document for forms? Click the lock icon on the Forms
toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mrandmrsshrek

okay - I added the names to the list and I did the protect document - the
list shows the name I want to pick but when I choose the name and click ok
the name still does not appear on the signature line it still just prints out
the old name that I do not want to show. Any suggestions at this point?????

"mrandmrsshrek" wrote:

I have a Microsoft word Template and I do not know how to add more
names into a drop down box.

Did you protect the document for forms? Click the lock icon on the Forms
toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

"choose the name and click ok"
Where is the OK you are clicking? There is not normally any kind of OK
associated with an online form drop-down field.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"mrandmrsshrek" wrote:

I have a Microsoft word Template and I do not know how to add more
names into a drop down box.

Did you protect the document for forms? Click the lock icon on the Forms
toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman