Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lainie

Default Vertical Ruler

Quick question. When I open Word, the horizontal ruler appears and shows me
my left and right margins (in blue). But the vertical ruler, although
present, doesn't show me my margins...unless I manually select "show header"
and then immediately deselect "show header." Then all of a sudden my margins
are shown.

Anyone have an idea how to get Word to always show the vertical ruler (with
margins) by default? Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Lainie" wrote in message
Quick question. When I open Word, the horizontal ruler appears and shows

me
my left and right margins (in blue). But the vertical ruler, although
present, doesn't show me my margins...unless I manually select "show

header"
and then immediately deselect "show header." Then all of a sudden my

margins
are shown.

Anyone have an idea how to get Word to always show the vertical ruler

(with
margins) by default? Thanks!!

How do I reset the vertical ruler to its default setting? Mohmar Page Layout 4 May 12th 23 08:53 AM
Vertical ruler and margins EKW Microsoft Word Help 6 December 2nd 13 05:03 PM
Word 2003. I can not see the margins in the vertical ruler Len Page Layout 3 March 16th 08 10:01 PM
ADJUST VERTICAL RULER Nicola New Users 2 August 9th 05 11:30 AM
How can I change the margin parameters of the vertical ruler? cuencadillo Page Layout 2 November 30th 04 03:09 AM