Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

Default Embedding Word Document Inside Another Word Document

I am trying to embed a link to a Word document into another (Word 2003). I
got as far as copying the document from Explore, then doing a Edit/Paste
Special, Paste as Word Document Object with Paste link selected and Display
as icon selected. This does insert a Word icon that links to the other, but
I also want to display the path and filename into the link. I know this can
be done because I have a document open that has these links, but the person
who inserted them is not here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diana Diana is offline

I have answered my own question, but for anyone else who may be interested,
here are the steps:

Click on Insert, select Object
Click on the tab Create from File
Browse to the file location and file name
Click on Insert
Select Display as Icon
Click OK