Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RonanCo

Default Where are document Templates kept?

I used to be able to access Word Templates from the Start Menu before a major
rebuild. Office 2003 has been reinstalled but there is nothing on the Start
Menu to lead me to saved templates. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See €œFrequently Asked Questions About the Location of Templates in Word
2003€
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=826867

"RonanCo" wrote in message
I used to be able to access Word Templates from the Start Menu before a

major
rebuild. Office 2003 has been reinstalled but there is nothing on the

Start
Menu to lead me to saved templates. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:59:02 -0800, "RonanCo"
wrote:

I used to be able to access Word Templates from the Start Menu before a major
rebuild. Office 2003 has been reinstalled but there is nothing on the Start
Menu to lead me to saved templates. Can anyone help?

Start Word, go to Tools Options File Locations, and look at the
path listed as the User Templates item. (Because the dialog is too
narrow, you may have to select the item, click Modify, and look at the
path in the resulting dialog, but then Cancel to avoid changing it.)

If you accepted the defaults during installation, the path will be
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates.

Because the Application Data folder is usually a hidden folder, you'll
have to go into Windows Explorer, go to Tools Folder Options View,
and select "Show hidden files and folders" to be able to see the
Templates folder in Explorer or in any of the Save or Open dialogs in
Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

macros and SharePoint WSS document libraries [email protected] New Users 0 October 6th 05 03:42 AM
Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM
How do I merge into a document set up as a form in templates? Felicity Mailmerge 0 December 17th 04 03:11 AM