Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IVAN IVAN is offline

Default word 2007 : Updating footnote fields

Hi Everybody,

Using Word 2003, switching from a document view (for example from "Normal
view") to the "Print Layout view", the application will updated the fields in
the header and footer of the document
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211629/en-us). Unfortunately, this kind of
functionality didn't work on Word 2007 version.

My problem is that we have a lot of old documents that contain a macro
(inside the document) based on this functionality. So, when the user open a
document, the macro (on the open document event) will switch from the "print
layout view" to the "normal view" and, at the end, bring back to the "print
layout view", updating the header and footer fields.

How can I enable this functionality on the Word 2007? Maybe some
configuration parameters to modify?

Thanks in advanced

ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SXZhbg==?=,

Using Word 2003, switching from a document view (for example from "Normal
view") to the "Print Layout view", the application will updated the fields in
the header and footer of the document
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211629/en-us). Unfortunately, this kind of
functionality didn't work on Word 2007 version.

My problem is that we have a lot of old documents that contain a macro
(inside the document) based on this functionality. So, when the user open a
document, the macro (on the open document event) will switch from the "print
layout view" to the "normal view" and, at the end, bring back to the "print
layout view", updating the header and footer fields.

How can I enable this functionality on the Word 2007? Maybe some
configuration parameters to modify?

Could you give us an example of fields you have to force to update in this
manner?
Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IVAN IVAN is offline

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?SXZhbg==?=,

[snip]

Could you give us an example of fields you have to force to update in this
manner?
Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the reply...

We use the DOCPROPERTY fields (string and datetime type). For example :
- a customize DOCPROPERTY field named €śRevisione€ť :
{ DOCPROPERTY Revisione \* MERGEFORMAT }
- a word default field (author of the document) :
{ DOCPROPERTY Author \* MERGEFORMAT }

I saw that the only field that being updated by Word 2007, on switching to
the "Print Layout view", is the TIME type field. So, somehow, the application
update the footer but only for TIME fields. Unfortunatly, we didn't use this
kind of fields (

Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Do the fields update when you switch to Print Preview?

Preview a page before printing
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...083881033.aspx

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ivan" wrote in message
"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?SXZhbg==?=,

[snip]

Could you give us an example of fields you have to force to update

in this
manner?
Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17

2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the reply...

We use the DOCPROPERTY fields (string and datetime type). For example

:
- a customize DOCPROPERTY field named "Revisione" :
{ DOCPROPERTY Revisione \* MERGEFORMAT }
- a word default field (author of the document) :
{ DOCPROPERTY Author \* MERGEFORMAT }

I saw that the only field that being updated by Word 2007, on

switching to
the "Print Layout view", is the TIME type field. So, somehow, the

application
update the footer but only for TIME fields. Unfortunatly, we didn't

use this
kind of fields (

Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IVAN IVAN is offline

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do the fields update when you switch to Print Preview?

Preview a page before printing
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...083881033.aspx

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Hi Stefan,

Yes, my Word 2007 update the footer fields when I do the Print Preview...

Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See the following knowledge base articles:

Some fields are updated while other fields are not
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212054/

Which fields are updated when you open, repaginate, or print document