Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Confused Confused is offline

Default CTRL HOME AND DELETE

When I press CTRL HOME , it does not take me to the top of my document. Also
when I am in the middle of a sentence and press HOME, it does not take me to
the beginning of the sentence, yet by pressing END, it takes me to the end of
the sentence.

When I hilite an area to delete and then press delete, it will not delete
the section I want, a message comes up at the bottom and I have to press Y or
N if I want to delete it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Confused wrote:
When I press CTRL HOME , it does not take me to the top of my
document. Also when I am in the middle of a sentence and press HOME,
it does not take me to the beginning of the sentence, yet by pressing
END, it takes me to the end of the sentence.

When I hilite an area to delete and then press delete, it will not
delete the section I want, a message comes up at the bottom and I
have to press Y or N if I want to delete it.

Both of these are effects of having the WordPerfect options checked in Tools
Options General. Turn them off and the problems will go away.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Ctrl Home and Ctrl End functions disabled Edcat Microsoft Word Help 9 December 24th 07 08:38 PM
Word 2003 go to start of document - ctrl home taking me to CTRL G lel Microsoft Word Help 3 July 12th 06 01:34 PM
ctrl+home doesn't go to the beggining of the document... Alex Microsoft Word Help 1 February 16th 06 05:43 AM
CTRL- Home Herb Microsoft Word Help 2 October 15th 05 08:20 PM
Some of the keys, such as Home, Ctrl + Home are not working-why TechTeacher Microsoft Word Help 1 October 5th 05 04:46 AM