Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WPL513 WPL513 is offline

Default Editing forms in Word 2007

I have a form that was created in Word 2003 (includes check-boxes, drop-down
menus, etc.) for customers to use. I would like to add a link/button at the
bottom of this one-page form, which would pull up another page of the same
form in the same document. This would be useful for customers who need to
fill out more than one form. Then, when it is emailed back to me as an
attachment, there would be multiple forms in one document. Is something like
this even remotely possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonyK TonyK is offline

Hi
If you are familiar with writing basic macros you could write one to insert
a "page break" and the "insert" a copy of the form by choosing "insert"
followed by "file".
Hope this helps.
-------
TonyK

"WPL513" wrote:

I have a form that was created in Word 2003 (includes check-boxes, drop-down
menus, etc.) for customers to use. I would like to add a link/button at the
bottom of this one-page form, which would pull up another page of the same
form in the same document. This would be useful for customers who need to
fill out more than one form. Then, when it is emailed back to me as an
attachment, there would be multiple forms in one document. Is something like
this even remotely possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If only it was that simple

For a start you cannot insert a file copy of a document into itself.

You could save the extra page as a building blocks entry in the document
template, but you would have to unlock the form in order to insert the
building block entry, and then you have the issue that any duplicated fields
will not have a bookmark name (as bookmarks cannot be duplicated) so any
part of the form that requires the bookmark name will not work, unless the
macro selects the individual form fields and names them. Then you have to
take the user to the next field to be filled, before relocking the form to
allow it to be completed.

Then you have the additional problem of distributing a form with macros and
building blocks (which cannot be stored in a document) for the users to use,
without disabling the extra functions you have just provided.

"WPL513" wrote:

I have a form that was created in Word 2003 (includes check-boxes,
drop-down menus, etc.) for customers to use. I would like to add a
link/button at the bottom of this one-page form, which would pull up
another page of the same form in the same document. This would be
useful for customers who need to fill out more than one form. Then,
when it is emailed back to me as an attachment, there would be
multiple forms in one document. Is something like this even
remotely possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonyK TonyK is offline

Hi Graham
You are technically correct in that you cannot inseret the document into
itself. What you would do is insert a copy of the original template (which I
have just tested - and it works). You would need to include in your template
code to move to the second table and then protect for filling in forms.
Hope this makes it clearer.
Happy to provide a quick demo if needed.
--
TonyK