Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
migdaw1 migdaw1 is offline

Default Cannot PERMANENTLY menu item(s)

I have "Adobe PDF" and "Adobe Comments" permanently on my menu bar. I can
remove them following Help instructions while working in a document, but
after I save that document and open it again, they are there again. The C
in Comments is underlined, so that when I try to close Print Preview by using
"Alt C" I get Adobe Comments instead. It drives me crazy.

They were never there on my previous computer(s) and I don't know why they
are there with my new one.

I hope someone can tell me how to delete these two items permanently forever
and always!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
migdaw1 migdaw1 is offline

I do not have an adobe acrobat toolbar. I am talking about the words "Adobe
PDF" and "Adobe Comments" on the MENU bar, up there next to File, Edit, View,
Tools, etc.

PLEASE NOTE that the link in the e-mail that gets automatically sent when
there are replies, which is supposed to direct me to my original question,
does not work. I spent an hour looking for this response, and only found it
when I googled "migdaw1". And one cannot respond to that e-mail to inform
them that the link does not work. Please fix this link.

"migdaw1" wrote in message
I have "Adobe PDF" and "Adobe Comments" permanently on my menu bar. I can
remove them following Help instructions while working in a document, but
after I save that document and open it again, they are there again. The
in Comments is underlined, so that when I try to close Print Preview by
using
"Alt C" I get Adobe Comments instead. It drives me crazy.

They were never there on my previous computer(s) and I don't know why they
are there with my new one.

I hope someone can tell me how to delete these two items permanently
forever
and always!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The menu bar entries are inserted by the same mechanism as the Adobe toolbar
i.e. they are placed by the Adobe add-in. You can uninstall the Adobe add-in
which will remove the items from the menu bar, but that curtails the
functionality of the Adobe product you have paid so much for.

The keyboard shortcuts for Print Preview (on or off) are CTRL+F2 and
CTRL+ALT+I