Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hunky Chunky Funk Dunky Hunky Chunky Funk Dunky is offline

Default WISH : Save Word Doc(x) for Review Only

It would be great a very useful if Microsoft or somebody could come out with
a hotfix or update or something so that you could save Word docs (and docxs
etc) for Review Only.
The idea being that is would be password protected and anybody else opening
the document would only have access to the Review and Comment tools. As you
can see, very similar to open as Read Only, but it would allow peers etc to
make Reviews and Comments without altering the basic document.
I also hope that that any update is also made available for previous
versions of Word.
--
Hunky Chunky Funky Dunky
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hunky Chunky Funk Dunky Hunky Chunky Funk Dunky is offline

Hmmm ...

Cluncky and very well hidden.

I was think along the lines of an option when the DOC(X) is saved.

When the document is opened under Review/Comment Only the Review/Comment
toolbar/menu is dominant and all other tools that can't be used are removed
from the menus, not just greyed out.

There's a lot of room for improvement.