Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iain Iain is offline

Default Skipping Page Numbers

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently writting a thesis, and according
to the formating rules, I should have my figures on individual pages NOT
numbered.
Is there anyway I can force Word to not include a page when it calculates
page numbers?
ie Page 1 Figure Page 2 Page 3 Figure Page 4 Page 5 etc.

Thanks for your time

Iain

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Not easy to automate. Simplest is to put the figures in a separate document,
output the two documents separately, then manually interpose the pages,
either in hard copy or PDF.

But are you sure you've understood the formatting rules correctly? It's a
rather manic requirement.

"Iain" wrote in message
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently writting a thesis, and
according
to the formating rules, I should have my figures on individual pages NOT
numbered.
Is there anyway I can force Word to not include a page when it calculates
page numbers?
ie Page 1 Figure Page 2 Page 3 Figure Page 4 Page 5 etc.

Thanks for your time

Iain

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iain Iain is offline

Thanks for your quick reply,

After rereading the formating rules, I think I misunderstood.
All they meant was that if you wanted to include an external picture in your
document, you do not have to number it, which makes a lot more sense.

thanks again