Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
whoprudolph whoprudolph is offline

Default word 2007 - how to keep menus viewable?

Hello,
I am new to Word 2007 - so I am not sure if I am using the correct
terminology.

My problem is in the view of the document menus:

I have to keep pressing "home", "insert", "page layout", etc... to see the
menus below them. Currently when I press, say, "home", it appears, I can
make a change, but then when I begin typing again, the "home" menu disappears.

How do I keep the menus viewable without having to re-click on them?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
whoprudolph whoprudolph is offline

Update: I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows 7 on it. I'm actually not
sure which version of Word I have - I thought it was 2007, but it might be
2010.

"whoprudolph" wrote:

Hello,
I am new to Word 2007 - so I am not sure if I am using the correct
terminology.

My problem is in the view of the document menus:

I have to keep pressing "home", "insert", "page layout", etc... to see the
menus below them. Currently when I press, say, "home", it appears, I can
make a change, but then when I begin typing again, the "home" menu disappears.

How do I keep the menus viewable without having to re-click on them?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
whoprudolph whoprudolph is offline

Sorry, it is Word 2007.

Question about menus disappearing still vaild - see first post.

"whoprudolph" wrote:

Hello,
I am new to Word 2007 - so I am not sure if I am using the correct
terminology.

My problem is in the view of the document menus:

I have to keep pressing "home", "insert", "page layout", etc... to see the
menus below them. Currently when I press, say, "home", it appears, I can
make a change, but then when I begin typing again, the "home" menu disappears.

How do I keep the menus viewable without having to re-click on them?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can also double-click on any tab to show/hide. Or right-click on a tab
and choose the appropriate menu item.

http://word.mvps.org