Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default When merging, how do I keep spaces that are in fields?

I want the second address line indented three spaces on most -- not all --
addresses.
Also, when not using a courtesy title (i.e., John Smith, Ph.D.), how do I
elimnate the space in front of John when the other names have courtesy titles?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What would dictate the -- not all --? Unless there is some criteria that
can be interpreted by a rule, the rule will generally apply to everything.

Re the elimination of the courtesy title and space, assuming that in cases
such John Smith, Ph.D., the courtesy title field is empty, toggle on the
display the field codes and add

\f " "

to the field. the \f switch denotes text to be added to the field if it is
not empty.

{ MERGEFIELD Title \f " " }

--
Hope this helps.