Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jay

Default doc management - tracking files, etc

A frequent problem for me is tracking graphics and other support files
for a publication.
Most of my docs have numerous graphics, often from different sources.
(Visio, screen captures, eps or bitmaps from PDFs, etc.)
Word doesn't seem to keep any info on the filename or graphic type
unless the graphic is linked?

What are some favorite tricks for tracking all this stuff?
Is there a reasonable way to keep the info inside the doc for future
reference?

Thanks!
Jay