Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rick B Rick B is offline

Default "reading layout" when opened from an email

When I open a Word document that is sent to me through email, it always
opens in the "Reading Layout". I always change this to "Print Layout". Is
there any way to make this default? Is it opening in the "reading layout"
because the document is in a read-only format?

The reading layout skews some documents and is (surprisingly) harder to read
than the print layout for me.

Thanks!

--
Rick B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the General tab of Tools | Options, clear the option to "Allow
starting in Reading Layout".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rick B" wrote in message
When I open a Word document that is sent to me through email, it

always
opens in the "Reading Layout". I always change this to "Print

Layout". Is
there any way to make this default? Is it opening in the "reading

layout"
because the document is in a read-only format?

The reading layout skews some documents and is (surprisingly) harder

to read
than the print layout for me.

Thanks!

--