Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cppdeveloper cppdeveloper is offline

Default Word2000/2003 'Fit Text' error when there is gaiji char

I post this again because I don't know how to move the original one from
"application error".

There are two Japanese words. One of those two words is a normal Japanese
char. The other one is 0xf040 (Shift JIS) or 0xE000 (Unicode) -- a gaiji,
which means it's font is in a seperated linked font file.

Current font is set to 'A-OTF じゅん PRO 201', which is a OpenType font
(PostScript format) and meanwhile is linked with a user defined font which is
a True Type font.

These two words are shown fine in WORD. I can change the font size etc.

But when I try to apply 'Fit Text' (from menu 'Format'-'Fit Text') onto
these two words by reducing the text width, the width of the gaiji char is
wrong. I wonder why and does that mean that a OpenType font (PostScript
format) cannot link to a True Type font?