Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mark6960 mark6960 is offline

Default Disable Reading Layout View

Does anyone know the registry setting to disable the reading layout
view in microsoft word when opening a word document attached to an
e-mail in outlook. I know where the setting is under the general tab in
word but I need to disable this on 3000 PC's and I dont have time or
resources to go to every computer to do this. I want to be able to do
this through group policy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mark6960 mark6960 is offline

I should also add a note here that in creating a transform for the
installation of Office 2003 I have disabled this option by default.
This only happens when opening attachments in Outlook vs. saving the
document to the users network home drive (users are not authorized to
save to the hard drive)