Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Kelly Dan Kelly is offline

Default Repeating Text Box on page

Hopefully the last question on these templates...

I am trying to add a repeating text box to the word template I am creating.

I need to be able to have the company logo in the bottom LH corner of the
page - easily done, by placing it in the footer.

I also need to have a text box in the bottom RH corner that contains the
current chapter name in it. A bit like in a dictionary / Yellow Pages.

Unless it's the only solution, I don't think that the users for this
template will be well enough trained to use Section Breaks for each chapter,
therefore using a text box in the footer, containing a field code doesn't
look like the solution.

The problem with having a text box in the right position outside the footer,
is that it doesn't repeat on every page. But the user can easily edit the
contents. Having a text box inside the footer means that every page has the
same text.

Any other solutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Kelly Dan Kelly is offline

Thanks Suzanne

Whilst useful, I think that the StyleRef doesn't hit the main problem.

What I need is how to get a text box generated on each new page.

Do I need a "New Page" macro, copying the last pages textbox to do this?

If so how do I reference the _last_ text box?

"Dan Kelly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Put your text box in the document footer - put your styleref field in the
text box - change the text box to a frame - close the footer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

StyleRef, assuming you can get them to use the required style(s). See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Dan Kelly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I think you aren't appreciating what a StyleRef field can do for you. In
addition to the suggestions Graham offered, see my article at

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

StyleRef, assuming you can get them to use the required style(s). See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dan Kelly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you leave the text box as a text box the field will never update. The
frame, as you are aware, does not have this limitation. Like you, I don't
see any other way to achieve this level of automation.