Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAB1118 CAB1118 is offline

Default Setting up an address file

I want to set up a list of addresses that I can draw upon to print envelopes
or labels. We have vista and Office 2007 with Windows Mail that does not
have an address book for envelopes. Can I set up a table in Word to use for
an address book and then print envelopes from it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Ideally Outlook would be the tool for the task, but you can use a table if
you prefer. Word is quite happy to merge from a table. However I suspect you
mean by using the Insert Address function on the envelope dialog. For that
you need Outlook to be the default e-mail application.

CAB1118 wrote:
I want to set up a list of addresses that I can draw upon to print
envelopes or labels. We have vista and Office 2007 with Windows Mail
that does not have an address book for envelopes. Can I set up a
table in Word to use for an address book and then print envelopes
from it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAB1118 CAB1118 is offline

Thank you. Since Outlook doesn't exist with the newest version of Windows
vista and the Office suite, are there any other alternatives beside setting
up a Word table?

CAB1118 wrote:
I want to set up a list of addresses that I can draw upon to print
envelopes or labels. We have vista and Office 2007 with Windows Mail
that does not have an address book for envelopes. Can I set up a
table in Word to use for an address book and then print envelopes
from it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Outlook has *never* been a part of any version of Windows but does come with
many of the Office Suites. The only one it doesn't come with is the
non-commercial Home and Student edition.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

CAB1118 wrote:
I want to set up a list of addresses that I can draw upon to print
envelopes or labels. We have vista and Office 2007 with Windows Mail
that does not have an address book for envelopes. Can I set up a
table in Word to use for an address book and then print envelopes
from it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

You can absolutely do this.

Make sure your Word table has a column title in the first row
(address) and then fill in each table cell with an address. For
example,

Mr. and Mrs. John Doe
1234 Main Street
City, State 12345

Continue typing a complete three or four line address into each
separate table cell. (A two-line address will mess things up.)

When you are ready to address an envelope, simply position your cursor
in the table cell with the address you want to print.

Click the Tools pull down menu.

Select Letters and Mailings.

Select Envelopes and Labels. Make sure the envelopes tab is selected,
and your address block should be showing in the address section.

Insert your envelope in your printer and click print.

(TIP: I have one additional column in my table into which I type the
last name only. Then I can alphabetize my table quickly just on this
column.)