Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mac Mac is offline

Default consecutively numbering pages in chapters in Word 2007

How do I get my page numbers, Figures, and Tables to be consecutive for each
separate chapter which will become a book, not a master document, but printed
out to become a book. I'd like to be able to print out the TOCs for each
chapter and simply put them together into one document. Indexing will be a
nightmare but is do-able if i can only get the headers and such to work right.
I'm having so much trouble.

Should I just use only page breaks? If so, how do I get right / left sides
to number?

Syble
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The very best solution is to (eventually) combine the entire book into a
single document. It is possible to create a TOC and index for multiple
documents, but it's more trouble; see "Creating a Table of Contents Spanning
Multiple Documents"

"Mac" wrote in message
How do I get my page numbers, Figures, and Tables to be consecutive for
each
separate chapter which will become a book, not a master document, but
printed
out to become a book. I'd like to be able to print out the TOCs for each
chapter and simply put them together into one document. Indexing will be
nightmare but is do-able if i can only get the headers and such to work
right.
I'm having so much trouble.

Should I just use only page breaks? If so, how do I get right / left
sides
to number?

Syble

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Adams[_2_] Pat Adams[_2_] is offline

Mac, there is a way to have multiple TOC's in a single document, by using
TOC fields. Follow the link below to view an on-line how-to.
http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC102666801033

Pat