Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Delgado Bert Delgado is offline

Default How to place file name path on document i.e. C:\Mydocuments\Barry

In order to find location of documents, I usually end a document with the
name path, such as: C:\MyFiles\University\letter001

How do I insert that at the end of any of my documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:21:01 -0700, Bert Delgado
wrote:

In order to find location of documents, I usually end a document with the
name path, such as: C:\MyFiles\University\letter001

How do I insert that at the end of any of my documents?

Insert Field, choose Filename, check the box for "Add path to filename".

In Word 2003 and earlier, you'll also find this in the menu at Insert AutoText
Header/Footer. It was somehow left out of Word 2007's AutoText, but see

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...747eff0eb17b26
if you need it.

--
Regards,