Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lyn B Lyn B is offline

Default Printing 150 pg doc

I have created a doc in my 2007 Office, Home/Student that I want to have
printed at Staples or Office Depot. I have loaded the compatibility pack and
saved the doc as 97/2003, as the printer does not have 2007. The doc will
open but the text is jibberish. (Best Buy Geeks got the same results in three
different computers). What's the problem? CS at MS was unable to resolve the
problem.
--
Happy Trails
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Are you saving to the thumb drive? Always save to your local HDD and then
COPY the document to the Thumb drive. Likewise in the print shop: they
should not open the document from the thumb drive but should copy it to the
local HDD first.

If that doesn't work, use SaveAs and choose the PDF option. The should
definitely have a PDF viewer in the shop.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Lyn B" wrote in message
I have created a doc in my 2007 Office, Home/Student that I want to have
printed at Staples or Office Depot. I have loaded the compatibility pack
and
saved the doc as 97/2003, as the printer does not have 2007. The doc will
open but the text is jibberish. (Best Buy Geeks got the same results in
three
different computers). What's the problem? CS at MS was unable to resolve
the
problem.
--
Happy Trails

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Are you using a font they don't have? I've seen font substitution fail
and produce a mess. You might try to save the font with the file
(click the beach ball and go into Word Options).