Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Horne Dave Horne is offline

Default uninstalling Works took Word with it ... general question

My wife's laptop came with Works preinstalled. I uninstalled Works since MS
Office was at a later date installed and which included Word. When I
uninstalled Works it took Word with it though the other programs included
with Office remained.

What's the best way to reinstall Office or just Word from Office - repair?
Thanks, DH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Most likely what she had was Works Suite, which includes Word. Consider
yourselves lucky, as having Word installed with Works Suite instead of as
part of Office can cause problems--or confusion at the very least. Repair
could be a start--anything that gets you back to the setup. The usual path
would be Start | Control Panel | Add and Remove Programs | Microsoft Office
version | Change. When you get to the setup, choose Add or Remove
Components (or similar language) and select Word (don't touch the settings
on the programs that are already installed).

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
My wife's laptop came with Works preinstalled. I uninstalled Works since
MS Office was at a later date installed and which included Word. When I
uninstalled Works it took Word with it though the other programs included
with Office remained.

What's the best way to reinstall Office or just Word from Office - repair?
Thanks, DH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Horne Dave Horne is offline

Suzanne, I went ahead and reinstalled Office 2007 but that did not solve
the problem. I expected to see Repair on the opening SetUp screen from the
installation disk but it wasn't there. I then went to Control Panel (or
what used to be called Control Panel) \ Programs and Features and clicked on
MS Office. At first I do not believe there was a Repair offered but I chose
Change and then was offered Repair. I 'Repaired' Office and now everything
seems to be just fine.

Thanks for your fast reply! DH